Since its inception at the first meeting of the Safety Subcommittee of the IEEE IAS Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee, held in Toronto in September 1991, the IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop has provided the forum to enable and accelerate change in the electrical safety culture limiting what we feel is possible in preventing workplace injuries from electrical hazards.
Our Mission is to:
• Accelerate application of breakthrough improvements in human factors, technology, and managing systems that reduce risk of electrical injuries,
• Stimulate innovation in overcoming barriers,
• Change and advance the electrical safety culture to enable sustainable improvements in prevention of electrical accidents and injuries.
Our Strategy includes:
• Providing forums for people to meet and exchange ideas for preventing electrical accidents and injuries in the workplace
• Accelerating advancements in development and application of technology, work practices, standards, and regulations
• Linking professionals and centres of excellence in industry, engineering, government and medicine
Join us and help lead the change