As part of the continuing effort to better fulfill the mission of the IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop (ESW), arrangements to partner with members of the media have been developed that are beneficial to both the Media Partner and the ESW. The Media Partner Agreement provides the Media Partner with cutting-edge information related to the latest in research and technology available on electrical hazards and employee protection, testing and research data, codes, standards, and design advances, and a wealth of information and networking opportunities. The Agreement also allows for the promotion of the ESW and all of its related events through outlets available and used by the Media Partner.
What a Media Partner Provides the ESW
- An ad in their publication at an appropriate time before the ESW promoting the event (1/2 or full-page ad)
- An article in their publication at an appropriate time after the ESW pointing out what happened, what you missed, and a mention of the next year’s event as a promotion and save the date
- Photographs, interviews, other items gathered at the ESW for use in the publication as ESW promotion materials
What the ESW provides our media partners
- Free full ESW registration for one person,
- The opportunity to display printed material at a “media table” area near the registration area, for as long as registration is open,
- The opportunity to have a booth at the Safety Product and Services Expo, or to display printed material at a table at the expo,
- The opportunity to take photographs, conduct interviews (at appropriate times), and otherwise collect info/items to be used in their coverage of the ESW. Note: Video and audio recording of presentations or tutorials are not allowed, per the IEEE policy which is cited below.
- The opportunity to informally promote their publication at the ESW during breaks, lunches, and social events.
**Note: These events are financially supported by companies that have the exclusive right to promote their products during these events.
- Promotion of the publication by the ESW during the ESW, such as through rolling slide presentations during breaks/lunch and a media partner listing available for ESW participants.
Adjustments/revisions/changes, requested by the Media Partner, that make the arrangement more attractive for either party, or both, will be considered by the Electrical Safety Committee Chair as needed.
Or you can simply use the information on our Organizing Committee page.