About Electrical Safety Workshop
The IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop is dedicated to changing the electrical safety culture around the world.
Since its inception in 1992, the ESW has established itself as the industry’s premier electrical safety conference. Click Here to Register Now
Governance and long-term strategic planning for the IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop is the responsibility of the IAS Electrical Safety Committee. It functions under the Policies of the IEEE and the Constitution, Bylaws, Operating Policies and Procedures of the IEEE Industry Applications Society.
The IAS Electrical Safety Committee meets at the annual IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop, generally held February – March.
- Accelerate application of breakthrough improvements in human factors, technology, and managing systems that reduce risk of electrical injuries
- Stimulate innovation in overcoming barriers
- Change and advance the electrical safety culture to enable sustainable improvements in prevention of electrical accidents and injuries
- Provide forums for people to meet and exchange ideas for preventing electrical accidents and injuries in the workplace
- Accelerate advancements in development and application of technology, work practices, standards, and regulations
- Link professionals and centers of excellence in industry, engineering, government and medicine
Body of Knowledge
Since the first ESW was held in 1992, more than 600 technical presentations and 60 tutorials have been presented at the annual ESW. Body of Knowledge (PDF) document contains an index of papers and presentations through 2017.